Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pittsburgh Departure



My mom is quite the master of topical photography, and has thus created this masterpiece for you all.  I'll get a picture of everybody for real in a couple hours, but for now, a few brief candids of the Pittsburgh crew:

Betteridge, also called Legs (Who says, "What up to all you bloggers out there"), Wurm, Rothgeb, & Jorge

Dale & girlfriend Maddie (who's flying home from camp, not with us) on the left, Dreves Family on the right

Coach Eddie and Chad are around here somewhere...

I thought realized that I had failed to totally flesh out the trip for those that are unaware.  We are partnering with Children's Hunger Fund, which is a non-profit run by Justin's dad, Dave Phillips and distributes aid to impoverished areas in various forms, including food, medication, and other services.  I ought to redirect you to their site before I say something outlandish and get them in trouble: http://childrenshungerfund.org/.  Mr. Phillips and Mario Aguilar will be with us all trip, giving us direction.  They're sweet.

Our time will be spent in a very cool variety of areas.  We will play soccer, yes, but we'll also get to attend a church, do serious construction work on a house, distribute food, and meet young and old Ecuadorians alike. We will be staying in a school dormitory and working with Pan De Vida (That's "Bread of Life" for you Spanish experts out there) for most of our humanitarian work.

Should be awesome.  I'm about to miss my flight to Houston, so I gotta bail quick here.  Blessings to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment